Friday, April 27, 2007

Johnnie M

Hey! So last night was THE night, the night be bedazzled and wonderfied by the great John Mayer, himself. It was pretty fantastic, even if he didn't play "3x5" or "Dreaming with a Borken Heart" (yes, I know the titles are cheesy but deal with it, they're still amazing). I went with a friend of mine from French class and she was a good person to be excited with. The seats were great, and my good friend John looked damn cool up on stage, even if his hair was a little bad-fro-ish. I have to say though, he's one of those strange people, like Sarah Jessica Parker, who if you didn't look at them in quite the right way they could be very ugly or very attractive. And they get this reputation for one way or the other (well, here for the attractive side) and so everyone repeats it and generally, yeah, it's fair. But if you look closely, really closely, it's like What's up with that nose? or eyes? or in this case, hair?
Foretunately I am a truly non-superficial person who loves John soley for his music. (Really, why does Jessica Simpson get him?) He played "Why Georgia" which was so lovely, and did lots of cool guitar-ish playing around stuff, which is as accurate as I can describe it being guitar-illiterate. At least for the moment, anyway. I expected to see more people I knew there but not so much, though the friend I went with saw pretty much her entire old high school. C'mon people! why don't more of you love John Mayer?
The night ended with a Peaches n Cream smoothie and fun gossip, which is the way any good evening should end, when it has to end at all. Sigh. I just want him to come back soon, whenever that will be. And then it's me and you, Danica, and no running to Italy to escape it!

No comments: