Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Worst

Last night my boss at the restaurant tried to interfere when the cook and I were discussing a food order. She just made it more confusing because she came half-way into the conversation, and how she does stuff is different from how I do it and the cook does it, and then both of them were talking at the same time, and then she thought I was making up different sizes and half-portions that aren't on the menu, and then when I tried to do it better according to her the second time it was even more confusing and i could have dealt with it in about five seconds if she'd just me talk to the cook.
But the worst, worst part is that in the end, when all you want to do is say, "All right already! I get it" and get the hell away from there, you have to say, "I'm sorry." No matter that she was the one that pulled things out of her butt that I never said. No, it's "I'm sorry. I was confused. Now I understand and I will do better next time." Screw that. I am not groveling to her anymore.

No comments: