Friday, May 4, 2007

11 Hours

So on Tuesday I started my new job at an Inn, so basically I am living my life in sync with Lorelai Gilmore. It's very beautiful and I learnt how to do hospital corners. Fitted sheets are just so indulgent. But honestly, I really like it there and I enjoy being in a smaller place where I pretty much use my head and do what I think needs to be done, even if I can't remember whether the pink or black sheets go on the bottom.
HOWEVER, other work is not so satisfactory. As I was told to do, I got a day job so I can work in the restaurant in the evenings. Then this week I get only two day time shifts (aka little business, few hours, no tips). And my boss wants to know my Inn schedule so she can continue to do this, since the Inn is only two or three days a week. Um, excuse me, that's not what we agreed. Now I look at the schedule for next week and oh, goodie! One shift. One. Uno. None other than. It's a Saturday so at least it'll be busy, but honestly. What, you just don't have to courage to freakin lay me off? God. So next week between two jobs I'm working about a grand total of 10 or 11 hours. That's just fantastic.
Do they not realize that to cut down my hours there because I got a second job somewhere else ENTIRELY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE????
I am frustrated. And I just know! if I get a third job the restaurant will give me even fewer hours, because that's how they work. I want to just not tell them, but I guess it wouldn't look very good to my newest employers if I told them they weren't allowed to talk to my boss.

No comments: